Mazda3 Import from USA

Diskutiere Mazda3 Import from USA im Mazda 3 Forum im Bereich Mazda3 und Mazda3 MPS; Hello Everyone! I am planning on moving to Bavaria and I want to import my 2010 Mazda3. I realize that I will have some challenges in...

1. #1 fastrunner, 22.07.2011
    fastrunner

fastrunner Neuling

Auto:
    2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L
    Hello Everyone!

I am planning on moving to Bavaria and I want to import my 2010 Mazda3. I realize that I will have some challenges in converting the car to German standards, but I think since the car is fairly new, it should be worthwhile.

I was wondering if I can get some help or suggestions in carrying out this process. I am currently in USA and will probably ship the car next month. So I'm trying to prepare myself for this challenge!

Here is the most complete specs I can find for the car

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/fla...nchsite/images/specs/2010Mazda35DoorSpecs.pdf

My car is the Sport model. Quite a big engine, its the smallest we have for Mazda3 in USA. =)

TÜV SÜD GROUP - Imported Vehicles Guideline

I am a bit confused regarding rear fog lights. Are those required in Germany? I am not sure how I will add them but I have front fog light, so I should be able to add the rear fog light to the same circuit. I also have the complete Workshop Manual for the car so I have all the schematics for the wiring.

Also, I have amber front and side turn signals but the rear is red. This I must change. Do you have recommendations for a replacement tail lights? Are there any approvals that the lights must meet in addition to being yellow?

Thanks everyone!

2. bino71

bino71 Guest

Rear fog light is a must in Germany.
    The switch should be seperated from the front fog lights.

Turn signals must be yellow.

To be absolutely shure please call one of the TÜC SÜD or DEKRA guys and ask them.

3. #3 MPSDriver, 22.07.2011
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 22.07.2011
    MPSDriver

MPSDriver Mazda-Forum Profi

Auto:
    Mazda 6 MPS
  4. #4 fastrunner, 22.07.2011
    fastrunner

fastrunner Neuling

Auto:
    2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L
    is the rear fog light one light or a pair of lights (passenger and driver sides)? where is the switch located for your rear fog lights? my current front fog lights are next to my headlights

5. #5 fastrunner, 22.07.2011
    fastrunner

fastrunner Neuling

Auto:
    2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L
    you actually trust me to drive at those speeds????

6. bino71

bino71 Guest

7. #7 [Axela]Cruiser, 22.07.2011
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 23.07.2011
    [Axela]Cruiser

[Axela]Cruiser Mazda-Forum Profi

Auto:
    Toyota Auris HSD
    KFZ-Kennzeichen:
    Es hat sehr wohl eine Vorschrift, wo die lampe zu sitzen hat! Entweder Links oder in der mitte. Keinesfalls rechts, denn wir sind nicht in England!
    Wenn zwei montiert werden, dann symmetrisch eine Links und eine rechts.
    Und es gibt Vorschriften, wo die zu sitzen haben, auch in Bezug auf die dritte bremsleuchte - wimre 1m von dieser mind. entfernt.

@fastrunner: actually you should have two of the lights which are on when you drive rewind. In Germany the left of them can be replaced by a Mazda OEM part. Only the correct wirering is required to be done.

However the rear fog lamp must be left or in the middle, not on the right passengers side. It's a mistake by bino.

8. bino71

bino71 Guest

Axela is right.
    250 mm over ground minimum, 1000 mm maximum,
    only right is not allowed.

9. #9 fastrunner, 23.07.2011
    fastrunner

fastrunner Neuling

Auto:
    2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L
    I am thinking about using these

08+ Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 RED 8 LED Reflectors

I think this can work as fog light. now the only question is how to add the separate switch. I have four left side dashboard buttons with only one being used for 'DSC OFF'. I couldnt find any switches online, anyone have suggestions?

10. #10 MPSDriver, 23.07.2011
    MPSDriver

MPSDriver Mazda-Forum Profi

Auto:
    Mazda 6 MPS
    The Mazdaspeed 3 resp. 3 MPS will take you even to 155 mph.
    You can learn to drive at those speeds - as we did. :D

11. #11 fastrunner, 23.07.2011
    fastrunner

fastrunner Neuling

Auto:
    2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L
    actually, i dont think these can pass as fog lights. i think i should wait until i'm in Germany and try to get fog lights for the German market Mazda3.

12. #12 fastrunner, 24.08.2011
    fastrunner

fastrunner Neuling

Auto:
    2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L
    hey guys,

so i got the Workshop Manual and Wiring Schematics for my car and I want to start modifying it to conform to German regulations. I made a youtube video of my lights. Can you guys point out the things that are incorrect in my lights?

US Spec 2010 Mazda 3 - Lights Test - YouTube

From what i know, i need to change the rear turn lights from Red to Amber. I also need to add rear Fog light. I think i also need to change the brake lights but I am not too sure about how they look in Germany.

13. #13 [Axela]Cruiser, 24.08.2011
    [Axela]Cruiser

Auto:
    Toyota Auris HSD
    KFZ-Kennzeichen:
    i think the brake lights doesn't differ from u.s. to europe.
    There are only two types of lights: Bulb and LED.

14. TMoK91

TMoK91 Mazda-Forum User

Auto:
    Mazda 3 BL, 2.2 l MZR-CD
    KFZ-Kennzeichen:
    I can imagine that you have to change the parking light. The parking light of my mazda is located inside. (The same position your high beam is installed.) But I'm not quite sure.

15. #15 veraseca2, 16.11.2011
    veraseca2

veraseca2 Mazda-Forum User

Auto:
    2016 Mazda 3 Nakama
    Zweitwagen:
    2006 Kawasaki Z750S (Motorrad)
    Are you still in the US? Or did you already move to Bavaria?

I only stumbled across your post and this forum today. Funny, I just did the same thing. I moved from the US to Bavaria and took my Mazda 3 with me.

I drive a 2010 Mazda 3 Grandtouring Hatchback, 2.5 l, 6 speed manual.

If you haven't moved yet, I would recommend to NOT take your car, but buy a GERMAN car instead (in the US) and take it with you.

I had a company in Bremerhaven take care of customs and all the modifications and German TÜV. Cost € 2100 for TÜV and paperwork and labour and parts.
    About € 750 for customs clearance and fees etc

I had some transport damage to my car and had to go to a local dealership here in Bavaria. Voila ............. the German Mazda 3 is not identical with the US model. You have to look very closely to see the differences. The bumpers and front grill are different.
    And they don't have the 2.5 l model in Germany.
    I am going to deal with the insurance company tomorrow. See how that goes. The VIN number is not showing up, not even at the dealership.

Unfortunately I had no idea that I would move to Germany when I bought my car. Otherwise I would have done things differently. But I had problems selling it because it was too new and a stick shift. I would have had to almost give away and lose a lot of money. So I took it with me.

As far as fuel efficiency goes, oh boy, I have to apply for a loan every time I have to fill it up. It used around 10 l - 100 km, that is around 23 miles per gallon.

I also noticed that I hit the rev limiter on the Autobahn. I was driving around 190-200 km/h in the high speed lane when the engine suddenly jerked. Jeez, that was a frightening moment. I had no idea what was going on. I am not used to having the engine cut off at a certain speed. So I tried it again and the same thing happened. So it must be true. I can't go faster than 190 km/h. That really sucks. Although I must admit, at that speed, the car feels like it is flying over the asphalt and barely touching the ground.

I enjoy driving it through the twisties here in Bavaria. It goes like it is on rails.

Let me know how you decided and if I can help you.

16. #16 fastrunner, 13.03.2012
    fastrunner

fastrunner Neuling

Auto:
    2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L
    So its been about a month so far since I have been able to get TÜV certificate. Here is what I did.

I ordered new front headlights that have the E certificate, and they also have parking/standing lights. Since the original headlights used four terminals for the front turn signals in order to show turn and standing light, I cut the wires that went to the standing light, and manually wired them to the new socket. The sockets (pair for left and right) cost me 50 eur and 2 eur or so for the actual light. Official Wiring Schematics helped here.

Also got a new rear fog light. This was difficult... The new rear fog light replaces one of the back up lights (rear left). The difficult part was running a wire from the front of the car, all the way to the hatch. Wired it directly to my cigarette lighter, because I didnt want to send a wire through to headlight relays which are located in the front hood. Also ran a ground wire with it, since for some reason the original ground for the back up light did was not identical to the cigarette lighter ground. The Official Workshop manual helped in taking apart the interior. The nebelschlussleuchte cost 200 eur.

Had to also replace the rear reflectors with ones with the E symbol. Cost another 50 eur for the pair. Had to take apart the rear bumper in order to replace them.

TÜV-Süd did not have the datenblatt for my car, and so I had to buy it from TÜV-Nord for 450 eur.

In regards to the petrol, the engine did not like E10. There was always a clicking sound... I thought at first it was just the low temperatures, but its gone now after using regular Super.

The test itself cost about 220 eur. Total cost for the conversion was about 1000 eur, and many hours working outside in the cold weather (-18C)...

Any suggestions regarding where to purchase Rims and Summer tires? Also need to buy a new battery before the next winter season.

Before:

IMG_20120127_151716.jpg

German model Headlights:
    IMG_20120131_171049.jpg

American model Headlights:
    IMG_20120131_171138.jpg

Work in progress:

IMG_20120205_151509.jpg

the transmission panels had to be removed in order to reach the steering wheel console area.

IMG_20120208_134127.jpg

new rear fog light switch

IMG_20120208_131535.jpg

old reflectors. the European ones actually look a bit different as well

Finished:

IMG_20120220_105141.jpg

17. #17 [Axela]Cruiser, 13.03.2012
    [Axela]Cruiser

Auto:
    Toyota Auris HSD
    KFZ-Kennzeichen:
    Well done.

18. #18 dailydriver, 13.03.2012
    dailydriver

dailydriver Stammgast

Auto:
    Skoda Octavia 1U Combi L&K 1,8t
    KFZ-Kennzeichen:
    Zweitwagen:
    kein Mazda 626 GW - 2,0 - 115 PS - BJ 2000 mehr
    Very nice plate ;)
    Already been to the Autobahn?

19. TMoK91

TMoK91 Mazda-Forum User

Auto:
    Mazda 3 BL, 2.2 l MZR-CD
    KFZ-Kennzeichen:
    Oh dear! I thought that it would be expensive. But expensive like that... a kick in the teeth. I hope you'll be satisfied with a "german" mazda 3 ;).

20. #20 fastrunner, 15.03.2012
    fastrunner

fastrunner Neuling

Auto:
    2010 Mazda3 S 2.5L
Thema: Mazda3 Import from USA
Besucher kamen mit folgenden Suchen
  1. mazda 3 bl fog button panel

2. mazda 3 bm auspuffanlagen usa import

3. mazda 3 mps import

4. mazda mps importieren,
  5. mazda 3 mps us lights
Die Seite wird geladen...

Mazda3 Import from USA - Ähnliche Themen

1. Mazda3 BM Drehmonente Fahrwerk

Mazda3 BM Drehmonente Fahrwerk: Hallo liebe Leute! Ich bin grad dran den 3er meiner Geliebten mit Eibach-Federn auszustatten. Das Auto ist EZ 12/2013, also einer der ersten...
  2. Mazda3 2016

Mazda3 2016: Morgens das Auto angemacht und zur Arbeit gefahren, dort ca 2h gestanden und er ging nicht mehr an. Immobilizer ist vorhanden und ebenfalls strom....
  3. Mazda 3 (BP) Betriebsanleitung Mazda3 2019 als PDF verfügbar

Betriebsanleitung Mazda3 2019 als PDF verfügbar: Hallo zusammen! Auf der österreichischen Mazda Seite (mazda.at) ist die Betriebsanleitung für den 2019er Mazda3 als PDF verfügbar. Da dies mein...
  4. Verspätet aber doch: meine neue Flamme (Mazda3 Sport Takumi, BJ 04/2018)

Verspätet aber doch: meine neue Flamme (Mazda3 Sport Takumi, BJ 04/2018): Hallo Leute, seit 19.04.2018 bin ich stolzer Besitzer oben genannten Fahrzeuges. Habe jetzt ziemlich genau 13.000km auf dem Tacho und war bis vor...
  5. CX-9: Rückrufe Querlenker / Airbag - US Import

CX-9: Rückrufe Querlenker / Airbag - US Import: Hallo Leute, mein 2008er CX-9 ist lt. dem Mazda Recall Information Center von drei Recalls betroffen. In Deutschland (beim KBA) werden nur zwei...
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies um Inhalte zu personalisieren. Außerdem werden auch Cookies von Diensten Dritter gesetzt. Mit dem weiteren Aufenthalt akzeptierst du diesen Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden